Become a Hesed Place Hero
You Can Give Hope to Complex Trauma Survivors
What is Complex Trauma or CPTSD?
CPTSD is the medical term that describes the effects and impacts that long-term and/or repeated abuse & violence have on those who survive the abuse.
Generally, C-PTSD results from abuse or trauma that begins in childhood, often as young as at birth AND is:
- Relational – The source of abuse or trauma is ALWAYS a person who the victim is in relationship with. Typically, a primary caregiver like parents, family members, teachers, mentors, pastors or a community leader, who should have protected but instead used their position of power to harm.
- The trauma was inescapable – the victim was powerless to escape or decline!
- Victims manage to figure out how to cope by developing survival skills which often become harmful and limiting as the survivor becomes an adult.
- The abuse or trauma impacts the way the person’s brain develops affecting the child’s physiological, emotional and spiritual development into adulthood.
Why Do What We Do?
Amy, our founder, spent 10 years providing care and support to survivors. The vision for Hesed Place grew as she witnessed firsthand the struggles survivors faced daily as they fought first for their freedom and then to establish safety and rebuild their lives.
In Amy’s own words… “I was so tired of survivors coming through my door frustrated by how difficult finding resources and good help was. I felt their tenacious spiritus and desire to heal and function, but their search for collaborative, long-term assistance was always often in vain”
I began to ask myself:
- WHAT is NEEDED by a complex trauma survivor to support a successful healing journey?
- What would that look like not only in our organization but also in our communities?
- How can we collaborate, to increase the quality of the services we offer and also deepen the understanding and mindset about treatment across the community?
“I realized that for survivors to have the services & resources needed to heal, CHANGE was NEEDED AND someone would need to take the first steps…I asked myself, why not be the one to start?”
What We Do
HESED PLACE was born out of a desire to meet the needs of trauma survivors in the WAY they need to be met and always through the filter of meaningful safe and stable relationships.
We Invite YOU to JOIN US as we revolutionize community-wide trauma care with a wide-ranging approach tailor-made for survivors of severe childhood abuse.
YOU, Partnering with US = LIFE CHANGING SOLUTIONS FOR SURVIVORS!
Hesed Place is asking for your heart and your passion to drive the motor behind this desperately needed mission.
Giving is necessary in order to act and produce change!
Thank you for choosing survivors’ lives to invest in. You are treasured, as are those you are serving!
Practically this looks like A survivor knowing that when they see a community service provider trained who has received trauma-informed training from Hesed that they do not have to stress how to explain their fears or why ask for the help they need to feel safe while receiving the good care they deserve.
AND The Model IS WORKING!...
This quote is from a survivor who experienced numerous obstacles getting the medical care needed for her to be able to function through daily life. She had given up hope of ever feeling good in her body until Hesed was able to refer her to a partner provider who had been trained in treating trauma patients.
Here’s what survivors are saying about Hesed’s services and support…
“I can’t tell you how much this means with the Drs. It is such a relief that I do not have to give details but instead I am believed – someone REALLY BELIEVES what I am saying and there is no judging but real concern and I have hope.”
Your Partnership with US GIVES SURVIVORS HOPE, For the FIRST TIME!
“Hi there, we are posting to say thank you for all the support, caring and love we have gotten since day 1 here. We have learned, shared, grown, and fallen apart all at the same time and… Despite all of that, we are cared about, told we are not too needy and have let ourselves attach to a few people a bit. Thank you so much for this safe, sacred place. We cannot begin to say thank you enough!”
We currently offer limited counseling services, referral services for local therapeutic and medical needs, and a members-only Trauma-Recovery Community offering support, resources, and a safe place for survivors and their loved ones to learn and grow and to deepen their understanding of trauma.
We have big visions for a big purpose! There is much more to come!
“Thank you for sharing these types of things. At first, I didn’t want to even join or look at these things as I knew deep down it would help lead me to fully face my painful past and all of the ramifications. Now I love all these posts as I NEED to hear, read, and see this type of thing again and again. It helps to remind me of what I’m trying to do (heal) and learn to replace a lot of negative core beliefs with positive one”
Together we can create healthy families and communities where survivors can heal and THRIVE!
We are so happy you’re interested in getting involved with our work here at Hesed Place Heroes. There are so many ways for you to help, and we truly appreciate each and every effort. By lending your support, you’ll become a valuable part of our efforts and help strengthen our operations.
There are many ways that you can partner with us
During our end of year drive
- You can become a Hesed Place Ambassador and volunteer your time and talents
- You can host a fundraiser to support the mission.
- You can become a donor and enable us to keep making our world better one person at a time.
- You can become a part of our trauma recovery group and learn with us.
- You can share and like our social media posts and help us spread the word about C_PTSD.
Hesed Place donors are the ultimate WORLD CHANGERS…our HEROES! By becoming a donor (HERO), you provide life-saving support to a victim of complex trauma.
- We understand that “we as people “are imperfect humans who have much more in common with one another than we realize. At the same time, we have unique gifts, talents and preferences. Not every person has the skill set, talent, time or emotional capacity to hold space with a complex trauma survivor or do this work.
- We know that the truth is that trauma, and especially complex trauma, affects all of us, either directly or indirectly in terms of the cost to our communities. The effects of untreated trauma are seen all around us: substance abuse, suicide, difficulty holding down a job, difficulty in personal relationships, identity confusion, future victimization, increased criminal activity, mental illness, and so much more.
Our Donors are Our HEROES
Click here to become a HESED HERO and let survivors know they are not in this fight alone
Do you have an idea for a fundraiser to support Hesed Place?
Do you have a desire to host a fundraiser to support Hesed Place?
Email us at Hesed@hesedplace.com
Hearing from our supporters makes our day! Don’t worry if you don’t have all the details figured out or if you need some help brainstorming ideas, that is what partnership is all about so let us help you.
Learn More about Hesed
If you have any questions, just fill in the contact form, and we will answer you shortly.